As part of its ever expanding commitment to tourism development, Canadian Badlands Tourism began its annual Tourism Development Conference in Brooks in 2011. The popular event has grown ever since with in excess of 250 delgates from all of western Canada attending.
This conference takes steps to foster:
- The development of a strong Canadian Badlands identity and branding shared by municipal leaders and tourism operators, making the region unique in the eyes of both residents and visitors alike.
- The development of exciting new tourism products or the expansion of current offerings based on innovative ideas from the conference.
- Enhanced market-readiness among Canadian Badlands tourism operators.
- Increased environmental and socio-cultural sustainability leading to economic sustainability and a better quality of life through sustainable tourism and strategic planning.
- A cross-fertilization of ideas starting during the Conference, with the potential for increased cross-promotion of businesses and potential packaging and partnerships.
Past presenters have included Roberta Bondar, David McKenna, Robin Esrock, Brett Wilson, Anthony Cobb, Dennis Travale, Donald Cooper, and more.